Wednesday, February 15, 2012

the super stealth, sneaky as sh**, circle of cranky

I'll start this post off by saying, "I have 20 minutes and no MS paint..." Fewf, now that I got that off my chest, now I can begin.

I've been wondering as of late why I was so damn cranky all the time. Was it school? My friends? Or my lack of boyfriend coming upon that holiday with the pink and the hearts? The answer is: all of the above an more...well that last one is kind of BS because I've just never liked Valentines Day...BF or not.

So, I wake up in the morning...around 9 am...just waiting for the day to begin. I am fully aware at this point in my adult life, that I despise mornings, so I never take my morning mood into account, mostly because its always awful. Usually, I have slow mornings, just me, bumming around my apartment...no room mates in sight, and these mornings are good, as much as mornings can be. But then there are those mornings where I can hear someone else's alarm...and they seem to refuse to turn it off, or I can hear my upstairs neighbour playing (and badly singing to) the Kid Rock Sheryl Crow song from back in the day. (This actually happened, and I threw a pillow at the ceiling in a futile effort to be angry at 8 am.) And so, the circle begins...with a bad morning wake up...

As the day progresses, there's always that one person who gets on your nerves...and this is the day that you will see them and be forced into a long conversation. You continue to become more and more cranky, without noticing of course because you're still working on being angry at Kid Rock for ever recording that song. Then, one of your friends will become the biggest douche canoe ever. Don't you worry, you'll forgive them later, but for now, they're on the shit list...and the crank-tastic explosion continues to build.

That evening, you'll return to your humble abode, and see that no one has bothered to pick up any of their stuff...awesome, right? You just shake your head...heading straight to your room, even if it is a tiny little cave. Now, you won't think that you're cranky, because you'll be internally laughing at coming up with the awesome witty saying "douche canoe" so quickly when said friend decided to be one, but then it happens. That fateful moment when someone either:
a) tries to touch anything that belongs to you
--or--
b) wants to blame you for the mess in your apartment
--or--
c) wants to have a meaningless conversation you've had 85,256 times
...and then you snap. You are so done with all the crap, you just crank at them until they leave you alone...which is usually quite effective. Mind you, you're going to immediately feel bad, but your super stealth cranky self is not about to admit you were wrong...or out of line.

Usually, for me, this is a two day extravaganza...one that usually ends in me being a total bitch-ski to everyone....Welcome to Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment