Friday, November 12, 2010

It's been a while

So, it's been a while since I last posted...like too long of a while, but things have been a little hectic. I have been wresting with work, school, and some problems with family, but don't you six worry, I am going to be OK(ish).

OK, so let's start at the beginning. Approximately one month ago, we found out that my God father, my uncle Chris, has relapsed and has again been diagnosed with lung cancer. This was a big blow to me personally since I live three and one half hours away in Fargo/Moorhead...sweet. This is one of the reasons that I have not been posting; my mind has been on other things. I love my uncle soooo much! He has always been there for me, and he can light up a room with his attitude and his bright smile. 

Next, work. So my bosses at work are being sooooo incredibly horrible to me. Never in my four years of working for my employer have I been flat out told, "You work retail" as a reason that I couldn't get time off to go home, even in the situation my family is in. Now, mind you, I completely understand that I work in an industry that happens to get busier around the time of Christmas, but never did I ever think that I wasn't a "human resource" to the company...but rather a number...just an asset to be wielded as they so chose. Yep..that's pretty much the extent of my rant about work, but I could in fact continue if need be...so if you have any questions, ask me!

So, next problem: school. I am in a conundrum...do I stay up in Fargo/Moorhead with the sorority I love through what is sure to be a tough year, or do I go home and be with a family that needs me? I am so in love with the ways that I can help my sorority, and the ways that I know I can change it for the better, but at the same time, I know that I'm needed at home. WHAT CAN I DO? But, I think that the answer to all these problems will just hit me...like a rock. At least I hope it will..

So, that's the reason I haven't been posting, but I do have a post in the works that will for sure rock all of your Dots socks off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment